The Zonta Mission
Each woman has her own story. She may be looking to further her education, she may be trapped in a cycle of abuse, she may need a new start... Whatever her circumstances, for over 50 years, Zonta Club of Anchorage has been helping non-profits in Anchorage and around the world provide needed services to women and girls of all incomes and backgrounds. Recognizing and encouraging the potential of women is the most important thing we, as a society, can do. Our recent service projects are numerous and include:
- Scholorship funds
- Mentoring girls at the Salvation Army’s Booth Home
- Helped refurbishing a bedroom at Booth Home
- Creating personal hygiene bags for the Hiland Mountain Correctional Center's Bridges to Success program.
- Sponsors a bike for Anchorage Parks & Rec‘s 50 Bikes for 50 Kids event
- Wrapping holiday presents for First Book’s fundraiser,
- Painting for United Way
- Building a wreath for STAR
- Coordinating food & clothing donations for women's shelters.
Nights Out in Anchorage 2014 Cooking Class Series
Join us in an exciting, fast-paced environment while you learn new tricks and techniques from a different chef each week!
Class dates are Feb 9, Feb 16, 23, March 2.
download PDF brochure
More details >>
Register online now >>
Service Funds Locally and Globally
The Zonta Club of Anchorage participates locally to provide support to other organizations who have compatible mission statements. Such organizations are the Salvation Army, AWAIC (Abused Women's Aid In Crisis), Clare House, The 4-A's, The Girl Scouts, Arts on the Edge, Mother's Voices and many others.